IT Valley as a Solution provider has an always-growing Solutions covering all customers IT & business needs, resolving all challenges that might affect their business, ensuring their highly efficient productivity & driving their revenue stream.Know More
Security & Network Solutions
Entreprise Infrastructure Solutions
No Solutions Available.
IBM FlashSystem Storage
IBM FlashSystem storage systems deliver advanced performance, scalability, reliability, security, and energy-efficiency features. IBM FlashSystem storage are the appropriate choice for enterprise environments with the following characteristics: high storage performance requirements, such as low latency (microseconds as opposed to milliseconds), high bandwidth (gigabytes per second), or high IOPS (hundreds of thousands of I/O requests per second).
Why FlashSystem Storage
Scalability and performance
The FlashSystem storage systems offer numerous features to boost performance and improve scalability:
- FlashSystem storage systems can provide more than 500,000 IOPS and up to 5 GBps bandwidth for storage I/O-intensive enterprise workloads.
- FlashSystem 810 can scale up to 10 TB storage capacity in 2 TB increments, while FlashSystem 710 supports up to 5 TB in 1 TB increments.
- A single 42U rack containing 42 1U FlashSystem storage systems can provide up to 420 TB storage capacity with more than 20,000,000 IOPS and up to 210 GBps bandwidth.
- FlashSystem storage systems support up to 1,024 logical volumes.
- FlashSystem storage systems offer choice of 8 Gb Fibre Channel or 40 Gb QDR InfiniBand connectivity to match the performance of most demanding I/O intensive applications.
Availability and serviceability
The FlashSystem storage systems provide many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- FlashSystem storage systems use overprovisioning and advanced wear leveling techniques to dramatically improve write endurance of the flash modules to extend their lifetime.
- FlashSystem storage systems offer multiple layers of data protection (ECC, Variable Strip RAID and Active Spare) to prevent a flash module failure.
- FlashSystem storage systems offer two redundant hot-swap power supplies and eight dual-motor non-hot-swap redundant fans to provide cost-efficient availability for applications.
- Easy-to-read LCD display indicates system errors to lead the technician to failed (or failing) components. This panel simplifies servicing and speeds up problem resolution, helping improve system availability.
- Two redundant batteries help prevent data loss by backing up data in RAM buffers allowing them to be written to a flash module in case of power failure.
- The built-in management module continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure, to minimize downtime.
- One-year customer replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, next business day 9x5. Optional service upgrades available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the FlashSystem storage systems:
- FlashSystem storage systems have a built-in LCD display allowing to perform basic configuration, management, and monitoring tasks, simplifying administration.
- FlashSystem storage systems include a management module to monitor server availability and perform remote management.
- The management module provides extensive security features, including role-based user authentication and access control, LDAP support, and SSH protocol for secure remote systems management.
- LUN masking feature allows to control access to a logical volume from the host side to prevent unauthorized data access and modification.
The FlashSystem storage systems offer the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to a green environment:
- Energy-efficient flash components help lower operational costs.
- FlashSystem storage systems offer one of industry's best IOPS per watt ratio enabling greater energy savings.
- FlashSystem storage systems use hexagonal ventilation holes, a part of IBM Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
IBM FlashCore Technology
The DNA of the FlashSystem family Industry Standard Interface Technology powered by IBM FlashcoreTm Technology:
Hardware Accelerated I/O:
- Engineered for flash
- Hardware RAID
- Non-blocking Crossbar Switch
- Hardware Only Data Path
- Single Box Highly Available Architecture
- Concurrent Code Load & Maintenance
IBM MicroLatency ModuleTm:
- IBM Engineered
- Massively Parallel Design
- FPGAs in the Data Path
- Distributed RAM
- High Speed Interface
- Line Speed Data at Rest Encryption
Advanced Flash Management:
- IBM Variable Stripe RAIDTM
- IBM Engineered ECC
- IBM Optimized Overprovisioning
- Wear Levelling
- Write Buffer & Hardware Offload
- Garbage Collection
- Industry Standard Chip Technology IBM Enhanced Micron Technology
Flash is a vibrant and fast growing technology. Clients are looking to solve data center problems, optimize applications, reduce costs, and grow their businesses.Here are several reasons why flash is a must in every data center, and why an IBM FlashSystem changes storage economics:
- Reduces application and server licensing costs, especially those related to databases and virtualization solutions.
- Improves application efficiency, that is, an application’s ability to process, analyze, and manipulate more information, faster.
- Improves server efficiency. Helps you get more out of your existing processors, use less RAM per server, and consolidate operations by having server resources spend more time processing data as opposed to waiting for data.
- Improves storage operations. Helps eliminate costly application tuning, wasted develop cycles, storage array hot spots, array tuning, and complex troubleshooting. Decreases floor space usage and energy consumption by improving overall storage environment performance.
- Enhances performance for critical applications by providing the lowest latency in the market.
IBM FlashCore technology is both hardware-based and purpose-engineered to provide extreme performance, reliably and cost-effectively. That’s something no other flash storage manufacturer can say. Our competitors all cobble together SSDs and other components that weren’t originally designed for use in all-flash arrays, so their products offer weaker performance without truly reducing CAPEX, and certainly without reducing OPEX.
Also, other flash systems focus on software, which introduces latency. IBM FlashCore technology reduces latency by utilizing hardware-based engineering whenever possible. That’s important, because the lower latency of flash storage is what drives much of its value to enterprises. FlashSystem is purpose-built to offer the lowest latency in the market.
The microsecond latency enabled by IBM FlashCore technology empowers businesses to achieve competitive advantage by analyzing trends and driving innovation faster. Also, purpose-built technologies like FlashCore lower operating costs by consuming less power, less HVAC, and less floor space without sacrificing performance; and they lower hardware and software costs too by increasing server utilization. Finally, FlashCore technology’s hardware-based architecture includes enterprise-grade reliability features that allow concurrent code loading and maintenance with no performance impacts. Your business isn’t up and running these days unless your IT infrastructure is as well, so functionality like that translates directly into more revenue and higher profits.
- IBM FlashSystem 900
- IBM FlashSystem V9000
- IBM FlashSystem 710
- IBM FlashSystem 810